So you’ve been saving up for your first home or 2020 was the year to upgrade your house, then a pandemic hits and you start receiving Jobkeeper payments. The good news is don’t fret… there’s definitely lenders out there who will accept Jobkeeper payments as income.
Jobkeeper definitely isn’t a nice word now, is it? Good news is that there’s lenders out there that don’t look at it as something negative. It’s important you let a Mortgage Broker like ourselves look after your home loan application to help you navigate the process and alleviate any stress this may cause you.
There are some things that will need to be provided with your home loan application to get them to accept your Jobkeeper payment as income:
- You need to prove you have been receiving a regular income into your bank account (providing bank statements)
- You’ll need to provide a letter from your employer confirming your works circumstances and why.
- You’ll need to provide recent payslips with evidence of JobKeeper payments and previous payslips showing your usual income pre-Jobkeeper.
Banks or lenders will also ask additional Covid related questions such as:
- Will there be any further changes to your customer’s working hours?
- Is the JobKeeper payment they’re receiving higher or lower than their usual income.
- If your customer’s standard working hours have been reduced, are they receiving a salary from their employer? (including JobKeeper payments).
- Have your customer’s work hours been reduced? Or are they working at their usual pre-Covid hours?
If you are considering buying your first home, upgrading, purchasing an investment property, or refinancing – please give us a call and let’s see if we can assist!
As a local family-owned business, our team takes the time to listen, answer your questions and make getting your home, car or equipment loan as easy as possible. The first step in making your dreams a reality is a chat and that starts by requesting a free consultation with one of our friendly team.